This is where good boys go on their birthday: Son of a Gun! We got a great table overlooking the street and enjoyed the kind of service I love — casual, friendly, and helpful.
- Bottarga toast (my favorite: deep, deep, concentrated fishiness in an appropriately small bite)
- Lobster roll - one each, since it’s really tiny and constitutes about two bites
- A really nice, light salad that isn’t on the online menu so I can’t remember exactly what it contained?
- Shrimp toast sandwich - ooey gooey sriracha shrimpees.
- Fried chicken sandwich - fantastically crispy and moist, but by this point I was already well into food fatigue.
- Monkfish with pho fumet - glorious. I could have slurped an entire bowl’s worth of that broth
- Clams and linguine with uni broth - equally glorious but richrichrich!
We brought a bottle of Bordeaux, a Chateau Canon Grand Cru Classe (HAD TO LOOK THAT UP JUST NOW) that Kevin got as a present from one of his students (yeah, that’s the kind of presents he gets from students) — probably not mature enough, but we drank it up anyway.